Patient Safety & Leadership
ESSENTIALS OF LEADERSHIP AND QUALITY
• What is leadership and who are the leaders in a healthcare organization?
• What are leadership requirements that support quality and patient safety?
• What is the role of emotional intelligence in fostering effective leadership?
COST OF QUALITY ANALYSIS
• What are the concepts and methods of cost of quality analysis?
• What is the practical use of a cost of quality analysis?
PRIMARY DRIVER DIAGRAM
• What is the purpose of a primary driver diagram?
• What are methods for using a primary driver diagram to develop sustainable solutions
CULTURE OF SAFETY
• What is the patient safety crisis?
• What is culture of safety?
• What are the key aspects of a culture of safety?
• What are the methods for monitoring culture of safety in a healthcare organization?
• What are the components of a four-step change management model?
• What are practical approaches for using change management concepts to support quality and patient safety improvement?
TOOLS AND METHODS
1. ESSENTIALS OF LEADERSHIP AND QUALITY
• Consensus Fist of Five
• Ground Rules
• Plus Delta
2. COST OF QUALITY ANALYSIS
• Cost of quality case study and analysis
3. PRIMARY DRIVER DIAGRAM
• Writing AIM statements
• Primary driver diagram analysis
4. CULTURE OF SAFETY
• Review and analysis of safety walk questions
• Benefits and Barrier tool
5. CHANGE MANAGEMENT
• Developing shared vision for quality and patient safety problems
• Conducting a stakeholder analysis
• Use of ARMI tool to ensure staff engagement
|8:00 - 8:30||Participant Arrival|
|08:30 – 09:00||Introduction to Patient Management & Quality Assurance|
|09:00 – 9:30||Workshop Proper
|09:30 – 10:45||1. Essentials of Leadership and Quality Management|
|10:45 – 12:00||2. Cost of Quality Analysis|
|13:00 – 14:00||3. Primary Driver Diagram|
|14:00–15:45||4. Culture of Safety|
|16:00–18:00||5. Change Management|
|18:00 –18:30||Wrap Up