Risk Management in Health Care
ESSENTIALS OF RISK MANAGEMENT
• What is the definition of risk?
• What is risk management?
• What are the focus areas of risk management that relates to provision of health care services?
• What is the design of a risk management program?
• What is the purpose of a risk assessment?
• What are the key determinants of risk assessment?
• What are the different risk assessment methods?
• What is the method for conducting a “Hazard Vulnerability Analysis”
HAZARD VULNERABILITY ANALYSIS (HVA)
• What is the role of facility inspection in conducting and HVA?
• What is the purpose of an HVA?
• What is the method for conducting a HVA
FAILURE MODE EFFECT ANALYSIS (FMEA)
• What is the purpose of an FMEA
• What is the method for conducting a FMEA?
• What are risk reduction solutions and how do they related to FMEA?
• What are the concepts of error proofing?
• What are the determinants of human errors?
• What is the role of human factor engineering and ergonomics in error proofing?
• What are health care examples of error proofing
TOOLS AND METHODS
1. ESSENTIALS OF RISK MANAGEMENT
• Design of risk management program
2. RISK ASSESSMENT & TOOLS
• Completion of risk assessment tool
3. FAILURE MODE EFFECT ANALYSIS (FMEA)
• Completion of FMEA table
4. ERROR PROOFING
• Identification and categorization of human errors
|8:00 - 8:30||Participant Arrival|
|08:30 – 09:00||Introduction to Patient Management & Quality Assurance|
|09:00 – 9:30||Workshop Proper
|09:30 – 10:30||Essentials of Risk Management|
|10:45 – 12:00||Risk Assessment|
|12:00 – 13:00||Lunch|
|13:00 – 13:30||Risk Assessment Continued|
|13:30 – 15:15||FMEA|
|14:15 – 15:15||High Risk Medications|
|15:15 – 15:30||Break|
|15:30 – 16:45||Error Proofing
|16:45 – 18:00||Three Day Workshop Review